With its peak at 4,268 feet, West Virginia's Timberline, a family oriented ski area located in the Canaan Valley, Davis, West Virginia, attracts plenty of natural snow – up to 224 1⁄2 inches have been measured to which our snowmakers have greatly contributed with superior snowmaking and meticulous grooming.
Timberline Ski area offers:
- 41 trails of beginner, intermediate, and advanced terrain.
- 2 terrain parks, including the new 750 foot terrain park added this season.
- 30% increase in snowmaking over last season.
- Ranked among the top four glade skiing areas in the East, with 31 acres of new glade skiing for 2015-16.
- The 2-mile long Salamander Run, longest trail in the Southeast, was named Best Ski Run in the 2015 Blue Ridge Outdoors "Best of the Blue Ridge" competition.
- A top rated ski school, daycare and children's program. Our ski instructors have a combined 140 years of experience!
- Only slope-front hotel, ski-in/ski-out chalets and condominiums, and ski-in/ski-out home sites in the area.
- Over 50 miles newly completed highway (Corridor H) coming from the DC area, reducing driving time by one hour.
- Numerous racing events each year, and a superior junior racing team.
- Discounted college student skiing rates and group skiing packages, girl scouts, boy scouts, church groups, school groups, etc.
- 10% skiing rate discount for military, fire fighters, and first responders.
- Known as the "Best kept secret" in the Southeast and referred to as "Snow Country" - up to 224 1/2" have been measured.
- Honorable mention as the best destination ski resort for the DC area.
- Live entertainment on weekends and holidays at Timber's Pub.
- Fresh farm-to-table dishes served at Timberline's Fireside Grille and Timber Haus Cafeteria.