A Four Seasons Resort
With its peak at 4,268 feet, West Virginia's Timberline Resort attracts plenty of natural snow – up to 224 1⁄2 inches have been measured, to which our Mountain Ops team has greatly contributed with superior snowmaking and meticulous grooming. A family-oriented ski area located in the Canaan Valley, West Virginia, Timberline is the perfect place for your ski vacation, whether you're a first-time skier or you own a home slopeside.
Timberline Ski area offers:
- 41 trails of beginner, intermediate, and advanced terrain.
- 2 terrain parks, including the new 750 foot terrain park added this season.
- The only slope-front hotel, ski-in/ski-out chalets and condominiums, and ski-in/ski-out home sites in the area.
- Top four ranked glade skiing in the East, with 31 acres of new glade skiing added in 2015-16.
- The highest average vertical drop south of New England.
- Numerous racing events each year, and a superior junior racing team which regularly places in the top 3 at SARA events.
- The 2-mile long Salamander Run, longest trail in the Southeast, was named Best Ski Run in the 2015 Blue Ridge Outdoors "Best of the Blue Ridge" competition.
- A top rated ski school and children's program. Our ski instructors have a combined 140 years of experience!
- Over 50 miles newly completed highway (Corridor H) coming from the DC area, reducing driving time by one hour.
- Discounted college student skiing rates and group skiing packages, Girl Scouts, Boy Scouts, church groups, school groups, etc.
- 25% skiing rate discount for military, fire fighters, and first responders.
- Live entertainment on weekends and holidays at Timber's Pub.
- Fresh farm-to-table dishes served at Timberline's Fireside Grille and Timber Haus Cafeteria.